Hey, warriors! Welcome or welcome back to Words! Today’s post is a little different from my usual ones, and, if you guys like this, let me know so I can make it a regular thing! I’m just going to give a brief life update and writing update (not all that much… these posts aren’t meant to be stressful or cause anger/offense/jealousy!) I’ll divide it into four sections. Let’s dive in!
- I have been pretty tired lately, which has meant less productivity.
- I got back into a blog schedule, which means that if you follow all of my blogs you’ve seen some fun content!
- I recently helped with my church’s VBS. I’ve never worked harder and this was my third, but it was so worth it… even if I did wake up early and come home with a headache every day.
- I took my first ACT test and went to a public school building for the first time since second grade! That was interesting….
- I created the page My Reading List
- I posted “Why I Read More Children’s Books Than YA Books”
- I posted “Summer Reading Challenges To Try”
- I posted “Why I Journal + a Peek In My Journal”
- I hit 50 followers! Thank you guys so much!
- I made the decision that, when I hit 100 followers, I will self-publish my book “What Matters Most” (share the blog if you want this to happen!) and host a little contest… prizes remain uncertain and what you will do is up for debate. What would you like to win?
- I got back into journaling for the most part after struggling during VBS
- I’m about to dive into the alpha edits of WMM
- I rediscovered an old story that… if I ever get time… I might fix.
- This month hasn’t been the best, writing wise.
This portion will be where I feature my favorite little snippets of writing (no more than 1,000 words please and try to keep it short and very clean), photography (again, clean please), or art (you know by now) that you guys send me through my contact page! (For photography and art you will need me to respond before you can send the files.) I’ll try to feature as much as possible but I may not be able to feature yours, although I will try to respond with positive feedback because everyone rocks! If you guys like this, I might start adding themes. For this month, I’m going to feature Maggie’s amazing short story, since it really embodies the theme of Words!
“More.” The little boy’s smile was contagious as he
watched the teenager add a scoop of strawberry ice
cream to his cone.
“More.” The woman took the cup of water from her
husband, who held her hand while she went through
the pangs of childbirth.
“More.” Adjusting the tire pressure slightly, the man
grinned at his grandson as they admired his very first bicycle.
“More.” The young woman winced as the dress was
tightened, then smiled at her beautiful wedding dress in the mirror.
“More.” The man’s greedy hands closed around the
coins, tossing them to his comrade.
“More.” Taking a couple flower pedals from her
husband, the woman sprinkled them over the new
grave of her son.
But less words.
Isn’t that amazing?! I love it so much!
Now I’m going to take this last paragraph to ask you some questions because you guys rock! You can answer as many or as few as you want, but this is my chance to get to know you better and to learn what you guys want from me! So here we go. What have you done this month so far? How are you doing? What would you all like to see from me in this next month? If you’re an author, what’s your current project? What are your plans and hopes for your writing? Do you like this post? Would you like to see more of these? If I do more of these, should I do themes or leave them open to anything? Let me know in the comments! See you soon!