Have you looked through this blog and decided you want to do more with words or are wondering about my Jesus? Whether you want to write a book or are just looking for some of the better books out there, here are some resources for my fellow word nerds. I will sort some of my own posts into categories here as well. If a resource costs money to use, I’ll mention it.
“Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.”John 6:57 NIV
- John 1:1-5 says that God is the Word (the Bible), the Creator, Life, and Light.
- John 1:9-14 says that God became a man, Jesus, and now we can be His children by believing in Him.
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-11 says that Jesus died (by crucifixion), shedding His blood for our sins, and was raised from the dead three days later, conquering death. Now we can live in His amazing grace as those freed from our sin by applying His blood through prayer and from death by His life and love for us and believing in Him.
- John 7:38 says that now the believers have springs of living water springing with in them.
- John 6:32-40 also says that Jesus is the bread of life for our supply.
- Isaiah 55:1 calls us to come and eat Him and Revelation 3:20 tells us He is waiting for us to let Him in that we may have mutual enjoyment
- For any more questions or to find believers to feast on Jesus with, you can visit localchurches.org or ask me a question through my contact page.
“If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot.”Stephen King
- A spreadsheet full of books recommended by authors and readers that every author would do well to read (this is the culmination of many articles and two different surveys).
Planning and Writing
“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they’ll take you.”Beatrix Potter
- An article on software for writing written by Joe Bunting
- The Young Writer’s Workshop. This program does cost money but it changed my entire mindset on writing. It’s a Christian writing program with both a huge library of amazing lessons and a community of other young writers like you. It is seriously the best thing ever. The Author Conservatory is a college alternative with even more help aimed at “motivated high school students, college-age students, and college students or graduates.”
- Anything Abbie Emmons is helpful, but especially if you’re struggling with internal conflict.
- Character Building post from the blog.
Platform and Publishing
“Publishing is the final step in making a book; if I was afraid to publish one, I wouldn’t write it in the first place.”Charles Stross
- Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations by Alex and Brett Harris. Technically this book is on teens rising above the loose expectations of today’s young people, but it has changed my life for the better and is a strong motivator in believing that you can do amazing things at a young age. Their blog is The Rebelution.
- Living the Blogging Life, a blog on blogging to help you learn everything you need to know about starting and growing a WordPress blog like mine. These bloggers are teens and young adults too, and I promise you that this community is one of the most friendly and loving communities ever.
Other Blogs on Writing
“The future of every community lies in capturing the passion, imagination, and resources of its people.”Ernesto Sirolli
- The Young Writer (A blog by Young Writer’s Workshop)
- Pen & Ink (By Annabelle)
- Sparkle Girl (By Sara Abbott)
If you’d like your blog to be featured on this page, please send me a message through my contact page so that I can assess your blog and potentially add it to this list. I hope this list is helpful to you! Please comment any questions, suggestions, or feedback on this page! I love to hear what you all think.