Hey warriors! Welcome or welcome back to Words! Today’s post is a little more serious than sometimes, but I’d like to update you on some amazing changes to come and the small sacrifices I’m making so they’ll work. Let’s dive in!
What I’m Doing
I’m going to start by explaining what I’m changing so you won’t be disappointed after I deliver the exciting news. To begin with, I won’t be working on What Matters Most for the next month. I’ll work on some other projects and be working toward exciting things, but I will not be revising or preparing to self-publish What Matters Most yet.
I’ll also drop out of Summer of Stories contest, not because I don’t love it but because it’s one more thing to post, one more thing to write, and one more thing to do when I already have too much in all three categories.
I’m not going to post every Wednesday on this blog or on SSS. I already said that on SSS but I forgot my own plan and went ahead and posted yesterday. 😂 But I’ve been posting Wednesday and Friday here, and I can’t keep it up. Instead, I’ll post on SSS one Wednesday and here the next. If I miss a Wednesday, I will apologize but I will not pressure myself about Wednesday Words posts.
For followers of Charlotte O Juice, she is officially saying good bye… kind of. I love her and don’t want to say goodbye, but I currently can’t be under the pressure of a fourth blog, especially one getting 0 views. So Charlotte will live on here, in some way shape or form. It is yet to be determined. But perhaps she should have a photography corner somewhere on the blog?
Why I’m Pausing What Matters Most and What That Means
I’m pausing What Matters Most in order to focus on my platform for a moment. In other words, I’m pausing for you guys. I’m also pausing to give myself a chance to grow and work toward a goal I have for next year.
I needed to take that stress off my shoulders so I can really throw myself into the awesome things I’m working towards!
This means that, when I hit 100 followers, I won’t be self-publishing the book. Not this year. It was my original goal, but I don’t think it would be best for me or my story. I’m sorry if anyone’s upset, but I doubt anyone is extremely disappointed because I’ve hardly given you reason to care for the book. That changes now.
Now for the best part of this post….
What I’m Working Towards
In the coming months and years, I have a lot of dreams. Here are some of my goals in the future:
- Launch an email list (Partially started and officially coming very soon! It will contain ways to vote for what I post here, sneak peeks, and exclusive writing Q&As!)
- Join the Author Conservatory (and do a post with one of their instructors promoting it, as well as sharing just how much I’ve changed since joining just their community two years ago)
- Share more snippets of writing (including bonus snippets for books, with scenes that aren’t in my books or scenes from different perspectives)
- Share more How I Write posts (What do you guys need? Let me know in the comments, so I can make sure I get everything you guys need!)
- Post more book reviews and interviews with authors (because supporting other authors is literally one of my favorite things to do)
- Write a sequel to What Matters Most (that dives into the perspectives of the previous book’s villain as well as some side characters, switching from all girl perspective to all boy perspectives)
- Start a writing class that would run for a year (teaching you how to write a novel in a year, using my writing book from my giveaway and other resources all over)
- Host a contest or two (because you guys are amazing, and I want to help you show that to the world!)
- Self-publish What Matters Most and its sequel around the same time (so nobody has to sit there wondering what happens next.)
In order to get there, I’m going to be working on simply growing for a little bit. Like a theme park where you can’t ride the roller coaster until you’re a certain height, I won’t be prepared to take these leaps and bounds until I’ve learned more. I’m not perfect. In fact, I’ve found even better character profiles since I wrote the post “26+ Things You Should Know About Your Main Characters.” So I’m going to learn for a while, stress less, and try to really store up knowledge and energy for when I start reaching for these goals.
As I do that, I’d like you to come along! Until my email list launches, the best way for you to do that is to subscribe! Another amazing way you can help me out is to comment what you’d love to see from me, what I’m doing well, and what I might want to fact-check or work on. Meanwhile, I’m also hoping to support you! Submissions for my Middle-of-the-Month Check-In: July are open! For those who don’t know, I explained it here, too. This month, there isn’t a theme. But there might be one in the future! Until then, the only rules are to keep it PG, at 1,000 words or less if it’s written, and to submit it through my contact page with your name or username and a blog or social media link. Please do not include the link to your blog or media if it contains content that might trigger or upset someone without including potential trigger warnings. I want to protect everyone here, and I’d rather not have to hunt through your blog to do that. I’ll be choosing my favorite entry and sharing it here on the blog when I post my next Middle-of-the-Month Check-in!
I hope you enjoyed this post and are excited for what’s to come! What posts do you want most from me? What goal are you most excited for me to reach? Are you submitting an entry to my Middle-of-the-Month Check-in? Let me know in the comments! Have a great weekend, warriors!